Monday, August 4, 2008

Turning 50

So I just turned 50...big deal. Half the people were surprised when they found out that I was 50 and the other half moaned and groaned in sympathy that the end of the world has come and I might as well buy my plot and get ready to get laid out.

Well let me tell you I'm not ready to lay down and die quite yet. Lay down and do something else maybe :-}

What the hell is the big deal with 50. I can't tell the difference between that and 30 or 40 or 60. Who cares it's just another year. It's not like we just stop working on our birthday. Sure the body doesn't work as well as it did when I was 20 but if I took better care of it and lost some weight I would be fine. Just too damn lazy to get off my ass and get in shape. What's wrong with round anyway.

The only thing you may do when you turn 50 is look ahead to retirement and see if your plans are going well for that. Of course with the stock market the way it is lately I am sure that the majority of us do not like looking at our mutual fund statements but oh well, life's a bitch. Investing is a full time job as Aunt Margret used to say and she did well but she treated it as such.

A word to the younger people out there. Don't wait until you are 50. Start early. I know you don't want to bother and you think you have lots of time but the years fly by when you are having fun. I can see them all now reading this and going, "ya ya piss off"

So much for giving advice :-P

No comments: